Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (SPPIS) Haryana, is working on independent pages since 2008 but formally it came into existence from July 10, 2010. It has already started several pages to promote its workings and with the help of MilestoneEducationSociety, Pehowait set up a CentreforPositivePhilosophyandInterdisciplinaryStudies (CSPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) .
OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
In accordance with the above considerations a new Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies indicated areas of priority in research, such as Meta-Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Indian Logic, Applied Ethics, Indian Cultural Values and their relevance to a national reconstruction has been conceived. The main objectives of the Society are given below:
Dissemination of Information
• To disseminate updated information regarding seminars, workshops, conferences in India related to philosophy on a regular basis through a website and printed a newsletter.
Research and Innovation
• To study the nature of philosophy and its growing area in India.
• To study applied aspects of Ancient Indian wisdom and Indian Cultural Values.
• To study the problems of students, researchers and teachers of philosophy in their academic and professional life.
• To study normative questions related to human and environment, social and political philosophy; philosophy of law, linguistic philosophy.
• To do critical and comparative studies of philosophical systems or movements, religions and philosophy of education.
• To provide philosophical and academic initiatives and counseling to the students and researchers of philosophy and other disciplines.
• To organise seminars, workshops, interactive meetings on specific topics on emerging and applied areas of philosophy and interdisciplinary studies.
Evaluative and Comparative Studies
• To work out on interdisciplinary approach to societal problems in philosophy.
• Concentrate on Socio-economic and educational relevance of philosophy as an independent academic discipline and start short term courses like Research Methodology in Philosophy and Applied Logical Reasoning etc.
• To carry out evaluative studies on the various ongoing projects/schemes and other welfare programmes of the Government.
• To develop Society as a Resource centre for the application of Philosophy in India and interdisciplinary studies.
Visit here for details: